Lime Chicken Kabab
I have made several variations of yogurt marinade for kabab/tandoori/biryani chicken.
All have fallen short of when I just guessed and did my own.
So here is an outline of my lime/cilantro/curry marinade
Blend into a smooth paste.
- 5 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp fresh ginger, sliced across grain
- 1 onion, sliced coarse
- about 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, with stems (or all stems). About 1/3 a bunch (or stems from about 1/2 a bunch)
- 2 tsp curry powder (I like carribean, but indian is good too)
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 2 whole (hot) jalapenos
- 1 Tbsp oil (like olive)
- 1/2 c greek yogurt
- Juice from 2 limes
- Salt until quite salty (this is marinade, not sauce), about 2 tsp
Adjust salt/hot/acid to taste. Since we have not added chicken yet, it is safe to taste.
Marinate chicken 1-12 hours, and grill over high flame.
I have some long skewers that I can use with the grill plates removed.
Directly over flames.
This is preferable, if you can do it.
Marinade can be sticky, and grilling suspendeed above flame works better.
Last modified: 211225