Thai Beef with Mint
This is based off a recipe posted by Melissa Elaine Cue, which was
posted to CMU's recipe WWW site.
I have changed it a bit.
to a finely minced salsa like consistency in a chopper
or mortar and pestle.
- 1/2 HEAD garlic (about 1/4 cup chopped)
- 1/2 of a small to medium sweet (yellow) onion
- 14 serano chilies
until meat is lightly browned.
- 1 lb. thinly sliced beef
- Rest of onion, finely chopped
- Remove meat.
- Saute chopped garlic, onion and chili in about
until lightly browned.
- Add meat to chili mixture, and stir-fry for a couple more minutes.
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 3 Tbsp fish sauce
- about 1/2 cup of water
- Bring to a mild simmer.
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh mint (or basil) leaves.
This is a very hot dish, so serve with plenty of rice.
This can be prepared in advance through step 6).
Just heat and add fresh mint(basil) leaves when ready to serve.
Last modified: Wed Nov 23 08:24:31 MST 2005